The Footprints of Italian Prisoners of War project is a free service. You can help keep this project going with a purchase of a print copy of Walking in their Boots or with a purchase of an eBook copy via Kobo. While Walking in their Boots has a Queensland focus, much of the information is relevant to all Italian prisoners of war in Australia.
Contact me if you would like to contribute to this project:
- do you have stories, memories and/or photos of Italian Prisoners of War working on your Queensland farm during World War 2
- did your Nonno or Bis Nonno work on farms in Queensland
- did your Nonno or Bis Nonno work on farms in other parts of Australia
- did your Nonno or Bis Nonno return to Australia after the war to make Australia their home
- was your father or grandfather army personnel who worked in the Prisoner of War Control Centres in south-east Queensland or Prisoner of War Hostel Home Hill